Below is a list of general lodge rules and regulations:
- There are currently about 60 members, membership is limited to 125.
- We are run by a Board of Directors, elections are held every two years.
- Each membership is required to work at the club 10 hours per year, at a specific date in the fall determined by the Board of Directors.
- No smoking allowed in the Lodge.
- No pets allowed at any time.
- No camping is allowed on the grounds.
Reservations and accomodations
- The nightly rate for members is $10 per night per person. Guest fees are $20 per night per person.
- Reservations are required at all times. If you cannot fulfill your reservation, it must be canceled. Reservations can be made or cancelled either online or by phone.
- During ski season, weekly reservations are first come, first serve. Members have priority over guests if the club gets near capacity.
- Rooms are bunkroom style, and can accomodate 4-6 people, depending on the size of the room.
- Bunks/rooms are assigned and are gender specific.
- You cannot live at the club for extended periods. Any stay over 10 consecutive days requires approval from the Board of Directors.
- The club contains 12 bedrooms, sleeping approx 50 members.
- There are 3½ bathrooms. No showers on weekends between 6am and 9am.
- During the ski season, Saturday night Penguin dinners are available for $10 per person. Members participate in meal preparation and cleanup chores. Volunteers are always needed for meal prep.
- The club has a ski room, recreation/bar room, kitchen, dining room, living room, and a kids room.
What to bring
- Bedding, rooms are equipped with bunk beds, you are responsible for bringing your own sleeping bag, pillow and towel/toiletries. No electric blankets, space heaters or heating pads allowed.
- Food and beverages, with the exception of Saturday night dinner, you are responsible for your meals. Keep in mind, refrigerator space is limited. Note: a breakfast bar with coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, cereal, etc is available for a posted fee.
For more information, see the Penguins Ski Club Lodge Rules and Regulations (PDF).
All Penguins Ski Club members are expected to respect and follow the Constitution and Bylaws. Members are required to review the constitution and bylaws each year at the time of renewal, applying for renewal means you have read and agree to the constitution and bylaws.